Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Using sippy cups as TO-GO coffee cups

I don't recommend it!

But sometimes a mom has to do what a mom has to do.

I can tell you how much money I spent on 'insulated to-go' coffee cups this year... right around $150.

I can also tell you how many of those cups I have in my cabinet right now without even looking. 0

They disappear. No matter what. John takes them to work and I never see them again. LOL I rarely leave the house early enough to have to take a to-go cup but in those rare cases... I lose them too.

I will go for a walk around the neighborhood, stick it in the stroller, and return home without a coffee cup. AND I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT WAS GONE.

Anyways, on to the sippy cups.

Reasons why I don't recommend them...

1. They are not insulated. A car trip of 15 minutes and my once piping hot coffee is ice cold.

2. You have to take the lid off to drink out of it. I do not drink out of the actual lid of my kids cups. It's just weird. Yes I have done it once or twice but it is really odd. haha So when you take the lid off, you are most likely going to spill it all over yourself. This has happened a lot! No matter how hard I try to not get a drip on me...

3. People look at you like you are NUTS. Stealing your kids juice or something. You don't believe me? Try it.  Fill a kids cup with your drink, take it out in public like to the mall or grocery store. Open it up and take a sip. The looks on people's faces are hysterical.

If you are going to use a sippy cup as your personal to-go coffee cup, I recommend using these...


I personally like to mix-match the lids and cups. My favorite combo is the zebra print with the turquoise lid.

:)

Thanks for stopping by!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment