Monday, December 3, 2012

Ever heard of Bumble Bee Cleaning?

I swear my house gets cleaner in 15 min than it does in 1 week when I know someone is coming over!

In our house, we like to call it 'Bumble Bee Cleaning' because everyone including our 2 year old is picking up or cleaning something!

Super Fast!

In my parents home, my brother and I grew up with this phrase as well. Even though my mom is an avid cleaner. (Does her cleaning on Thursday nights and always has since I can remember) There are always those unexpected visits from people when you just aren't prepared (Say Wednesday nights in my moms case..LOL)

She has this story she tells me about when I was 3 or 4 years old, they had friends coming over unexpectedly, so we did the bumble cleaning routine, and she threw all this stuff in my room. Newspapers, toys, any clutter hanging out in main site. So when people came over, the house looks awesome, clean, etc. But her little 3 year old asks "Do you want to see my room?!"

HAHA My mom said she about died!

If you think it takes forever to clean the main level of your home...invite some people over and see how much you get done from the time you hang up the phone to the time they arrive!

So WHAT ACTUALLY matters when people visit your home.

1. Kitchen- Dishes, quick clean of counters, and DO NOT FORGET THE FLOOR! Nobody wants to come over for a drink, head to your kitchen to grab one, and decide against it because they see those early morning spills still on your floor.

2. Bathroom- Quick clean the sink. Get all of your husbands whiskers out and any loose hairs you see. The TOILET is a must! Don't turn your house into a public restroom, where people have a thought that maybe they should just wait to go to the bathroom until they get home. Forget the shower! WHO is going to shower? Close that curtain and forget about it until later.

3. Clutter- Throw it in a closet that won't be opened.

4. Floors- Just do a quick sweep and swiffer if you have time.

Thats about all that is SUPER important if you invite someone over.

All of this can be done in 15 minutes or less if you really want it too. haha TRUST ME

Have extra time? Great! Throw on some deodorant. Change your shirt. Spray a little perfume.

Nobody will even know you just spent 15 minutes sweating because you were cleaning your house so damn fast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment