Sunday, December 2, 2012

Want.Need.Wear.Read.

OHHHHH You NEED that do you?

So while my step kids were here for Thanksgiving, I had them fill out their Christmas lists.

BUT this year I wanted to try something new. If your kids are like mine, when it comes to Christmas, they don't hold back. IPODS/LAPTOPS/ETC is what they want.

So anyways. I found this cute little wish list template on Pinterest. (as I am sure 1 million other moms have also found)



haha. so cute right!?

And the caption along with it was:

A Fun way to show kids not to be over indulgent during Christmas, one thing they want, one thing they need, one thing to wear, a book, and a little something extra.


I thought to myself! This is excellent! They will write down 5 things and hopefully I can afford all of them. 
So let's see...



haha

From the oldest kiddo (14 3/4):


Want: Monitor
Need:USB Flash Drive
Wear: Steelers Hoodie
Read: Something scary
REALLY WOULD LOVE: Sonar Node



Hmm... well, he wants a monitor because he broke his brand new laptop we bought him maybe a year ago for his birthday. The screen broke somehow but has no idea how...So he can still use his laptop if it is hooked to a monitor. 

Not sure why he needs USB flash drive? Maybe school. Which I can appreciate.
He just got s Steelers hoodie last year and it still fits.
Books I can research and find something good...Any suggestions??
And What the hell is a Sonar Node?


From the middle child (13):
Want: phone cover and screen protector


Need: socks and diamond earrings
Wear: sweats
Read:magazines or mystery books
REALLY WOULD LOVE: UGGS

The phone cover and screen protector are a done deal! If she wants to protect the phone that we are paying for...awesome. Socks. I can do. Diamond Earrings...you and me both sister. Not sure she NEEDS those. Sweats and magazines. Okay. UGGS. She just got UGGs for her birthday and last Christmas....


From the youngest child (11 3/4):


Want: HD Video Camera
Need: Mechanical Pencils
Wear: Elite socks (nike)
Read: Diary of Wimpy Kid
REALLY WOULD LOVE: iD shoes 



I have to say he had the most reasonable list. I think I can manage the mechanical pencils and socks :) And he has taken great care of anything we have bought him. His iPOD is still in tip-top shape. No scratches/cracks/ nothing. So the video camera isn't out... The Nike iD shoes however....cost $165 If he was done growing, I might give them more thought but knowing that his size 6 feet will soon be size 7...Whats the point?



So if you were in my position...what would you buy? 


Thanks for stopping by!
C

























No comments:

Post a Comment